Friday, November 23, 2007

be still my heart

You should see it.......the moon came up full in the late afternoon and it is shining out over the ocean. The goodness of God in His creation is indescribable. I just look upon it in wonder and thank Him for putting on such a show outside my window.

Our Thanksgiving has been a blessing.........quiet and very special just as it should be. We have carried on in spite of the loss of our mothers such a short time ago. We used Nana's pots and pans to cook our meal and we remembered when she was the one in the kitchen cooking for her brood.

When Bubba's delicious fried turkey turned out a little charred on the outside we thought about how much my mom would have liked it like that. She always wanted her meat "well-done." Dad chose to stay home and we took him a big plate of food.......he just couldn't do Thanksgiving this year.

We leave tomorrow to go back up I-95 to DC. Unless some miracle takes place we will pack up and head south, back to where our roots are. Like I said before, Savannah is home.

I am calm, I have spent time with people who love me and that is all my heart desires.

As we look toward Christmas, let us be mindful of the advent of our Savior and not be swept away by the madness of this season.

"Be still, and know that I am God." Psalm

No comments: