Sunday, November 18, 2007

searching in the trash after dark

I wasn't going to blog tonight because I didn't think I had one in me, but after having a small bowl of ice creme I feel somewhat more like one will work it's way out.

I have offered a chance for Bubba to blog once in a while on my site. I am so surprised that he has agreed to do it. I don't have any idea when he will publish his first epistle. I am sure it will consist of his side of the story of some of the things I have written about him.....or who knows, he may come out with something uniquely his own. We shall all wait with baited breath.

Bubba told me just now that I had done a lot of "stupid" things this weekend. I had to agree with him.

Yesterday I filled up the tank of the van with gasoline and then proceeded to fly down to the beach, pick him up, and fly back into town to make an appointment. After being flagged down by a kind man in a truck at a stoplight, we realized that I had left the lid off of the tank which was dangling down and the little door cover open.

In the course of all that "flying" we lost about a fourth of that tank of gold. $3.05 a gallon. My life moves faster than my mind. Things like this would never happen if Bubba would just get my gas for me.

We use a percolator to make our coffee. This morning as I was cleaning the grounds out of the filter, I dropped that necessary part into the trash because it was so hot. Going on with my work, I left it there. When we left to go into town we bundled up all of the trash and Bub took it down to the recepticle.

Just now I realized that the filter part was missing. I searched and searched and then remembered what I had done.

The man of the house was dispatched to see if he could retrieve it. Now, going through a large trash container in the dark during a football game was not in his lineup for tonight but off he went.

The filter basket was gone.......for some strange reason all of the trash was collected today (Sunday). I just can't figure this one out. Anyway, we have a "Mr. Coffee" to use in the morning.

I say all of this to say that I got blindsided again this afternoon......I never see it coming. Please pray for me....Love, Cathy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some tmes just when you think that
"things" are all falling where you want them we get another set back. Will praying for you.